Do Keto Supplements Really Help Prevent Ailments & Diseases?
What is a ketogenic diet? This is a diet that is high in fat, low in carbs and moderate in protein. Most people have adopted this diet as a weight loss mechanism as well as an aid to fight and prevent most diseases. It is an effective way to lower blood sugar in diabetes, optimize cholesterol and control insulin resistance. Research shows that using these specific supplements can benefit both your diet and health.
But is this true?
Do these supplements really help prevent illnesses and diseases?
Let’s find out.
Effects of Ketogenic Supplements on Diseases
The ketogenic diet is known to increase the body’s ability to fight diseases such as cancer, epilepsy and diabetes type 2 among others. However, do these supplements have the same effects on the body?
1. Hydroxymethybutyrate (HMB)
This is a BHB salt, a popular keto supplement that is excellent at minimizing catabolic period before that state that you are looking for, is achieved in the body.
Does it fight and prevent illnesses? Lets see.
- This supplement has been tested and proven to be involved in muscle protein synthesis. When taken orally in combination with amino acids, this it has shown that it can prevent loss of muscle in patients with AIDS, rheumatoid arthritis and cancer.
- Clinical evidence shows that HMB lowers cholesterol and blood pressure reducing effects of hypertension.
- HMB supplements reduce cardiovascular disease risk factors, reduce systolic blood pressure and lowers low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
To see our reviews of the top HMB supplements, click here.
2. Alpha Lipoic Acid (r-ALA) and Chromium
This supplement has been tested and proven to increase insulin sensitivity which results in lower insulin levels, faster descent into deeper state and higher glucagon.
- It prevents some kinds of cell damage in the body and helps to restore the levels of vitamin C and vitamin E
- For diabetes patients, this supplement helps to improve the function of neurons.
- Used to treat and prevent memory loss, chronic fatigue syndrome(CFS), cancer, liver disease as well as those of the blood and heart vessels.
- Helps to treat eye-related disorders such as glaucoma, cataracts and Wilson’s disease.
- Used in the body to break down carbohydrates and to generate energy for other body organs.
Just like a ketogenic diet, this supplement is involved in making the energy that is needed by muscles to work effectively. This supplement is taken orally to treat and prevent ailments such as:
- Congestive heart failure, muscle cramps, diabetes, depression, diseases of the nerves and muscles among others
- This supplement is taken to reduce anti-aging effects
- Treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease(COPD), trauma and Rett Syndrome
This is an excellent supplement to a ketogenic diet that has been shown to heal, fight and prevent a number of illnesses. It is known for:
- Magnifying the testosterone increase of ketosis
- Can be used to treat liver disease, leprosy, dizziness, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), coughs, gonorrhea and inflammation.
- Enhances athletic performance
- It stimulates appetite and a reliable mood enhancer
This supplement will help you stick to your diet perfectly. With glutamine, you don’t have to worry about breaking out of the state.
- Used to prevent weight loss in HIV/AIDS patients
- Used to treat and prevent Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), sickle cell anaemia and cystinuria among other illnesses.
- Used for depression, irritability, moodiness, anxiety and insomnia.
- Glutamine treatment helps prevent chemotherapy-related damage by helping to maintain the life of the affected tissues.
- Repairs wounds and keeps the vital organs functioning in the affected tissues.
Do ketogenic supplements really help prevent illnesses and diseases? We can confidently say yes to this question. As you can see, they not only prevent but also treat a number of illnesses. All you need to do is get a supplement that fits your needs perfectly.
All the best.