Best Keto-Friendly Vegetables
Have you been craving for bread but don't want to eat it to avoid kicking yourself out of ketosis? The good news is we know exactly how you can make keto-bread. But this isn't just a keto bread. It's THE healthiest bread!
You read that right. We're about to share with you how to make the healthiest bread, thanks to Dr. Eric Berg, a health educator expert in Healthy Keto (TM). Dr. Berg has spent the last 30 years helping people to improve their health and slim down, and now he's about to help you, too!
This is how Dr. Berg makes the healthiest bread.
Healthy Keto Bread Recipe
What you need:
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 6 tsp organic psyllium husk powder
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds, finely ground
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup water, filtered
- 2 tsp maple syrup (this will be consumed by the yeast, which then lowers the glycemic index)
What to do:
- In a large bowl, mix all the arrowroot flour, almond flour, coconut flour, and salt. Whisk together until everything is well-incorporated.
- Boil water at 105-110 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the maple syrup and stir well. Pour in the yeast and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes. The yeast must foam or bubble. If it doesn't, you need to start over.
- Add the psyllium powder and finely ground chia into the yeast mixture. Let it sit for another 1 minute, then whisk again.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix well with using a wooden spoon until everything is well-combined. The dough must be slightly sticky, but workable. Knead the dough for a minute.
- Place the kneaded dough back into the bowl. Using a damp cloth, cover the bowl. Place the bowl in a warm spot for an hour to let the dough rise.
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit with a cooking sheet inside.
- Cut the dough into two parts. Place one of the dough on a cutting board or a square parchment paper. Dip your hands in water and shape the other dough into small round balls.
- Brush the small round doughs with egg wash.
- Slide the dough onto the preheated cooking sheet. Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Let your bread cool on a wire rack before cutting or serving. Otherwise, your baked goodies may get a gummy interior. Once all of them are cooled, slice, and serve.
Note: If you want to re-crisp the crust, reheat the bread at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for five to ten minutes.
What Makes This Bread Healthy?
Dr. Berg uses the healthiest ingredients for this bread.
A cup of almond flour gives your body 23% potassium, 56% dietary fiber, 30% calcium, and 23% iron of the daily recommended intake.
Contains a healthy dose of iron, calcium, dietary fiber, potassium, and sodium.
These minerals are essential for eliminating fatigue, managing anemia, and strengthening the immune system.
Like almond flour and arrowroot flour, coconut flour is gluten-free and contains a healthy amount of protein, fiber, and potassium.
Chia seeds are rich in vitamin A, which is essential for keeping good eyesight and maintain the strong natural defense of the body. It's also loaded with vitamin C, which plays a vital role in the growth and repair of damaged tissues.
There you have it. You never have to quit on bread even if you're on the keto diet. Take note, however, that you still need to track your carb intake. As with any food, too much can be bad for you.