Instant Keto Review
Although the low-carb keto diet has been around for more than a century, for most of that time, it floundered in medical obscurity. Today, however, you can't open a magazine or visit a lifestyle website without tripping over stories about how great it is to be in ketosis.
Still, when people learn about a good thing, one of the first questions they ask is, "How can it be better?" Enter keto diet supplements. Supplements like Instant Keto claim to enhance and even replicate the effects of the keto diet without you having to restrict your carb intake. We decided to put it to the test. Read on to see how they did.
What is Instant Keto?
Instant Keto is a dietary supplement that claims to be able to enhance the weight loss capabilities of the keto diet.
The makers claim their supplement will jump-start ketosis by providing you with a hefty dose of BHB ketones. And if you're already in ketosis, those BHB ketones will help you burn through adipose tissue faster than if you were just on the keto diet alone.
Let's get something out of the way right off the bat: no supplement on planet earth is going to put you into a ketogenic state if you haven't dramatically cut back on carbs.
That's because, no matter how many exogenous ketones you have coursing through your bloodstream, if there are carbs available, your body will use them for fuel every time. So the notion that Instant Keto can kick start ketosis all by itself is just not so.
That said, if you are already in ketosis, our research indicates that Instant Keto may be able to help you burn off the pounds a bit faster.
But keep in mind that your body won’t just burn adipose tissue because you want it to. It has to have some reason why it needs to create more energy than it already is making which is why it’s so important to exercise when on the keto diet.
"keto diets can contribute to significant fat loss"
Melinda Manore, Professor of Nutrition OSU
How is Instant Keto Used?
It’s recommended that you take 2 Instant Keto capsules per day with a glass of water or your favorite keto-friendly beverage. You don’t have to take it with food and you should probably take it early in the day.
The company states in their marketing that you don’t need to be on the keto diet or otherwise in ketosis to take this supplement. They go on to strongly imply that even if you’re still availing yourself of your regular carb-heavy diet, that Instant Keto will flood your system with BHB ketones and you’ll start burning fat. Nonsense.
As we said above, if you make carbs available to your body, it will always burn them and ignore ketone bodies and fat tissue.
So if you want to derive any benefit from this product, it would behoove you to only take it after you have already slipped into ketosis by dramatically restricting your carb intake for several days. At that point, it may actually help you burn a bit more fat if you maintain an active lifestyle and engage in vigorous exercise.
Ingredients of Instant Keto
To their credit, the makers of Instant Keto don’t saddle you with a ton of caffeine like many keto supplement makers do. Others typically slip caffeine into their supplements under the guise of green tea extract or green coffee beans.
They do this to produce a burst of energy and make you think the supplement is working. Instant Keto doesn’t do that. The only ingredients in their supplement are:
● BHB (beta-hydroxybutyrates) ketones - These are chemically identical to the ketones your body produces to metabolize fat cells. That means they exhibit a high degree of bioavailability, which, in turn, means that your body will be able to put them to effective use without much effort if you’re already in ketosis. Although you'll hear them referred to as BHB "salts"—there’s no need to worry. They're not like table salt that burns holes in the walls of your arteries.
That’s it. There is nothing else in this product to talk about. No ingredients that will raise any red flags. Nothing artificial or genetically modified. Just BHB ketones.
The thing is, none of our testers reported the type of fat burning or energy boost they expected. And none found the product able to keep them in ketosis if they experienced a bad carb day. That’s something that other BHB supplements can do. So why not Instant Keto?
We suspect that it has something to do with the dosage of BHB salts in play here. But we can’t be sure. You see, while the Instant Keto ingredient list is blissfully short and sweet, it’s also couched in a proprietary blend. That means that you don’t ever really know how much of what is in these capsules.
Pros and Cons of Instant Keto
Every product has its upside and downside, and now it's time to look at the ups and downs of Instant Keto.
● Doesn’t load you up on caffeine in an attempt to make you think it’s doing something - We genuinely appreciate this aspect of Instant Keto. Dealing with the caffeine rush from some supplements can be a real drag.
● Provides highly bioavailable BHB exogenous ketones - Exogenous BHB ketones are chemically identical to the ketones your body produces when you are in ketosis so they’re able to be absorbed easily by your body.
● Should provide a modest boost to your weight loss efforts if you’re in ketosis - If you’re already in ketosis and if you engage in regular exercise you may experience a slight uptick in your rate of weight loss. Might.
● Not the same kind of hard-sell you get with many similar products - Some of the marketing around keto supplements can be hard to take. There’s none of that hard sell with Instant Keto. Kudos to them for that.
● Doesn’t contain any artificial colors, flavors, additives or any GMOs - In fact, it doesn't contain anything but BHB ketones.
● There’s no way to know how much of what you’re getting - Sure, you’re getting BHB ketones. But it’s impossible to know how much of which ones you’re getting and that’s important because different ketone bodies burn fat at different speeds.
● Doesn’t provide protection against bad carb days - Other supplements will ensure that you don’t wind up bouncing out of ketosis if you have a bad carb day. Instant Keto does not provide the same protection.● Won’t tip you into ketosis - Marketing suggests it can put you in ketosis even if you’re still eating your regular carb-heave diet. It can’t
“Keto diets can help us lose weight compared to other diet strategies"
Dr. Melissa Majumdar, Brigham and Women's Hospital
Does Instant Keto Actually Work?
Instant Keto does work to a certain degree. It’s just not as effective as industry leaders. There’s no substitute for drastically cutting back on carbs and no supplement that can put you into ketosis all by itself.
There are some however, that can genuinely help you burn through fat stores faster and provide a type of insurance policy in the event you overindulge in carbs occasionally. Unfortunately, our research indicates that Instant Keto is not one of those products.
Instead, it’s a moderately effective supplement that may, under certain circumstances, help you enjoy a modest increase in keto-related fat burning.
If that's good enough for you then more power to you. We want more from our supplements, however, than maybes and modest benefits.