Keto Pills Review
The keto diet has taken the world by storm. In just a few short years, it has gone from little more than a medical curiosity to being the biggest health news in decades.
Certainly, some of that popularity is due to social media influencers touting its fitness and health benefits. But celebrity endorsements wouldn’t get very far if the diet itself didn’t work. But it does, exactly as advertised, if you follow it to the letter.
Because of its popularity, there are now dozens of different keto-related supplements on the market claiming to mimic the effects of ketosis. Few actually can. Keto Pills by Keto Platinum claims to be one of those few. But are they?
What Are Keto Pills?
Keto Pills are a keto diet supplement developed by a company called Keto Platinum. These pills are said by the manufacturer to mimic the fat burning and weight loss capabilities of the ketogenic diet.
The maker claims they will boost metabolism, burn fat and break you of your addiction to carbs among other things.
The Keto Pills ingredient list is a short one. Each capsule contains a proprietary blend of 3 different kinds of BHB salt. That’s it.
No superfluous vitamins, no sugar, only a bit of filler and some gelatin to make the capsule itself. Short and sweet.
Where things go south for Keto Pills, however, is with the use of the “proprietary blend” label.
Proprietary blends are often used these days to hide the fact that you’re not getting very much of what you’re paying for.
And that seems that’s the case here. Because, the supplement is a bit anemic when it comes to performance.
Are Keto Pills Safe?
Considering that all they contain are Beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB) salts, magnesium stearate, and animal gelatin, there’s no reason to think they’re not safe.
This type of exogenous (introduced from outside the body) ketone is chemically identical to the ketone bodies produced by the liver during ketosis. So there’s virtually no chance of them producing any type of profound health issues or disease.
But a ketone is only of use to you if your body is already in a ketogenic state. And a ketogenic state can only be generated by drastically reducing your intake of carbohydrates.
Therefore, if you’re not already in a state of ketosis, any BHB ketones in your blood are destined for the toilet or urinal. They may cause your pee to take on an unusual color or odor, but that’s not indicative of any larger problem.
Most people who go on low carb diets do lose weight and they can lose it very quickly
Lyndel Costain BSc RD
How do Keto Pills Work?
According to the marketing, Keto Pills work by loading your system with BHB salts, which then attack fat cells and metabolize them for energy.
However, if you’re still eating your normal carb-heavy diet, your body will simply ignore any exogenous ketones you introduce because it has what it wants: carbs.
And make no mistake, the human body will always burn carbohydrates for energy if it’s available. No amount of BHB supplement overloading will cause your body to burn fat as long as there are carbs it can burn.
We reiterate this physiological fact because the Keto Platinum Keto Pills marketing makes a series of claims that simply will not pan out.
Unless, that is, you are already on a low-carb, high-fat diet. For instance, they claim Keto Pills will by themselves increase your energy and fitness levels. They won’t.
They claim they’re carb-free fuel for your muscles. Unless you’re keto-compliant, the product won’t be able to provide that affect.
They also claim they will increase your metabolic rate but in reality , they won’t have an effect on your metabolism.
And lastly, they also claim they’ll stabilize blood glucose levels and prevent type 2 diabetes. You don’t need to be a registered dietitian to know that by themselves they won’t.
What are the Effects of Keto Pills in Keto Diet?
The effects of Keto Pills on the Keto Diet are similar to the effects of high octane gasoline on an automobile engine. That is, they may provide a bit of an energy boost. At least, that’s the theory.
Products like Famous Keto can back up such claims. However, when it comes to Keto Pills, the theory doesn’t pan out. As we’ve discussed, you will need to already be keto diet complaint in order to gain any benefit from Keto Pills.
Okay. So let’s assume that you reduce your carbohydrate intake to 30 to 50 grams per day and you end up in ketosis. Great. Now you take Keto Pills to try and glean a bit more weight loss from your keto diet. What can you expect?
Well, roughly half of our testers reported no difference in their rate of weight loss after taking Keto Pills. Roughly a quarter reported some increase in weight loss. And roughly a quarter reported both some increase in weight loss and a moderate boost in energy.
All testers then put Keto Pills to the carbohydrate food test. Each person deliberately ate a meal of carb-heavy foods but continued to take Keto Pills to see if they would prevent them from being bounced out of ketosis by the carbohydrate overload.
In each case, the tester found themselves bounced out of ketosis and back to square one with food. So Keto Pills did not provide any protection from the occasional carbohydrate food “slip.”
There's an 'ah' factor to eating carbs. It releases serotonin. It's like getting a hug from your food.
Bonnie Taub-Dix, RDN
Possible Side Effects of Using Keto Pills
If you’re not on the keto diet when you take these pills the only side effect is likely to be brightly colored, somewhat odd-smelling pee. Some people won’t even experience that. However, if you’re keto-compliant then any side effects from Keto Pills will simply be a ramping up of the side effects of the keto diet itself. Those side effects include:
● Keto Flu symptoms - Most people report feeling flu-like symptoms during the early stages of the keto diet. Keto Pills may aggravate these symptoms a bit.
● Bad breath - Forcing your body to switch from carbs to fat for fuel is a major physiological change. Some people report this change results in bad breath.
● Fatigue - This kind of change, along with the ensuing weight loss, can cause you to feel tired and lack energy. Cutting back on exercise for a while is a good idea to avoid injury.
● Frequent urination - Each time you burn a fat cell it releases the water stored in that cell. Burning billions of fat cells releases so much water you may have to pee more often.
● Dehydration - Peeing a lot can cause dehydration which can become a serious health issue. So it’s important to drink lots of water if your body is in ketosis.
Best Keto Pills for a Keto Diet
● Famous Keto - Famous Keto provides the exogenous ketones you need to ramp up your keto diet weight loss efforts and burn fat. Unlike Keto Pills, Famous Keto isn’t messing around with the quantity or quality of their BHBs. You’ll burn fat more effectively and lose weight faster with Famous Keto.
● BioKeto Core BHB - Supplies a decent sized dose of BHB salts that should help promote more effective fat burning. Like a lot of supplements, however, it makes outrageous claims that it can produce ketosis all by itself. It can’t, so don’t get your hopes up. It’s also inexcusably expensive for a simple keto supplement and it’s hard to find.
● BPI Keto Weight Loss - This GNC product is simple and if you’re already on the keto diet, it’s reasonably effective. GNC produces a reputable family of products so you’re not going to find lots of screwball claims attached to this supplement. The downside is that the BHB load is pretty modest.
● PruVit Keto - PruVit has been around a while and amassed a good reputation for helping people on the keto diet lose weight faster. It’s saddled, however, by claims that it can induce ketosis by itself. It can't. But it does have a 90-day money-back guarantee, is easy to find, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Where can I buy Keto Pills?
Keto Pills by Keto Platinum came up well short in our testing and their wild marketing claims didn’t exactly win us over. But, if you’re the type that approaches reviews with healthy skepticism and wants to try Keto Pills for yourself, you can pick them up most days over at Amazon.
They’re also available through a number of other less reputable looking websites where you'll be subjected to a hard sell with lots of breathless claims and photos of bikini-clad young ladies. For the best current price on Keto Platinum’s Keto Pills, we're told you should go here.
Bottom Line: Should You Buy Keto Pills?
We spend all our time tracking down and testing keto diet health supplements. And nothing makes us happier than to be able to recommend a product to keto diet fans.
In this case, however, we have to give Keto Pills a thumbs down.
The marketing makes a lot of claims the product simply can’t live up to. The proprietary blend label seems to be masking a lack of active ingredients.
They won’t prevent you from slipping out of ketosis if you mistakenly (or purposely) eat too many carbs. And there are better, more effective alternatives available.
If you’re looking for a keto diet supplement that will save your bacon on a bad carb day, that will help you burn fat and lose weight and that doesn’t make any promises it can’t keep, we heartily recommend Famous Keto instead.
It’s rich in BHB ketones and won’t leave you standing at the keto diet altar wondering where the heck your weight loss results went.