Keto Shred Review
Since the dawn of time, humans have known that when deprived of food, they lost weight, beginning with all their excess fat. What they didn’t know was how and why that happened.
We know now that it happens because, when deprived of carbohydrates, the body produces ketones. They, in turn, metabolize fat stores into energy to power muscles and vital organs.
The longer the carbohydrate drought, the more fat stores are burned, the greater the weight loss. These facts form the basis of the ketogenic diet.
In the past few years, companies have tried to take advantage of the keto craze by introducing supplements they claim will produce keto results without the carb restrictions.
Keto Shred is one of those products. But does it work or is it just so much marketing hot air and biased reviews? Let’s take a look.
What is Keto Shred?
Keto Shred is a dietary supplement designed to help jumpstart the process of ketosis. It’s produced by a company called Sparta Nutrition out of New Jersey.
It’s one of the more above-board products we’ve encountered in the sometimes shady world of keto supplements. And by that, we mean that Sparta Nutrition is a real company.
They don’t go to absurd lengths to hide what’s in their supplement, like many companies do. For that, they get high marks.
That's because, no matter how many exogenous ketones you have coursing through your bloodstream, if there are carbs available, your body will use them for fuel every time. So the notion that Instant Keto can kick start ketosis all by itself is just not so.
That said, if you are already in ketosis, our research indicates that Instant Keto may be able to help you burn off the pounds a bit faster.
But keep in mind that your body won’t just burn adipose tissue because you want it to. It has to have some reason why it needs to create more energy than it already is making which is why it’s so important to exercise when on the keto diet.
“You are what you eat.”
How is Keto Shred Used?
Unlike many an exogenous ketone supplement, Keto Shred from Sparta Nutrition is not a capsule. Instead, it's a powder. Therefore using it is not a matter of taking one pill before breakfast and another before dinner.
Instead, you mix two scoops of it with water or another low carb (i.e. sugar-free) beverage once a day. It doesn't really matter when you take it apparently. Just don't take it within a couple of hours of going to bed, for reasons we'll get back to in a minute.
Above, we mentioned that the makers of this supplement are fond of claiming it can do things like initiate a ketogenic state even if you’re not on the moderate protein, low carb diet. That of course, is nonsense. But that doesn’t mean the product is useless.
On the contrary, if you’re on the keto diet already and are looking for a way to enhance your fat-burning efforts and/or energize your workouts, you may find Keto Shred to be useful.
It contains ingredients that are known to burn fat and others that are believed to speed up your metabolism. That enables you to process the foods you do eat faster. It also gives a boost to the process of thermogenesis.
Thermogenesis is the process by which you create heat from the act of burning calories. If that sounds to you like something that might help your weight loss, you're right.
So while Keto Shred won't induce a ketogenic state all by itself, it may be able to provide some type of boost to your keto diet-related weight loss efforts. The trick is to not jump the gun and start taking it before you begin cutting your carbs. Wait instead until a ketogenic state has already taken hold.
Ingredients of Keto Shred
The nutrition facts regarding Keto Shred revolve mostly around a couple of items on the ingredient list.
Those being BHB salts and MCT oil powder. Let’s have a look at them and the other ingredients in this keto weight loss supplement.
● BHB salts - Salt? What? Not to worry. This is not your standard table salt come to produce a stroke.
BHB salts are simple chemical compounds consisting of sodium, beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB) and either potassium, calcium or magnesium.
When absorbed into the body, the salt component separates from the BHB and you pee the sodium out. If you’re in a ketogenic state, the BHB then goes to work to aid in the process of fat metabolization.
If you're not, you pee out the BHB too.
● MCT oil powder - MCTs or medium-chain triglycerides are healthy fatty acids that have the ability to reduce appetites and, to a more limited degree, to promote fat burning. MCTs are normally gleaned from coconut oil, palm oil or certain types of milk.
● Caffeine anhydrous - Caffeine is the most popular and effective natural stimulant known to man. Caffeine is added to pills like this usually to compensate for the ineffectiveness of other ingredients.
● L-theanine - A lot of weight loss claims have been made over the years for L-theanine. But the fact is, the clinical data is wanting, and there’s little actual evidence that it does much of anything except sound good.
● Sensoril - This is another staple of traditional medicine. But there’s also little evidence to support the notion that sensoril ashwagandha has any significant role to play in weight loss or the boosting of overall health.
The menu of ingredients here is one of the better ones you’ll find in a supplement landscape littered with glorified energy pills. But it’s still not as potent as something like Keto Bodytone.
What’s the Benefits of Keto Shred?
The benefits of Keto Shred are tied to the benefits of the keto diet. By itself, it doesn’t really generate much in the way of benefits.
But when used in conjunction with a moderate protein, low carb plan it can enhance the benefits of the keto diet.
Those benefits have been widely researched and documented by scientists for more than 100 years. They are:
● Weight loss - The only reason keto has emerged from the shadows of medical history to take the world by storm is because of its ability to produce real and sustainable weight loss.
Taking Keto Shred in concert with the keto diet can help enhance the weight loss capabilities of the diet by introducing extra ketone bodies that can be used to augment the fat burning process already underway.
● Appetite suppression - The ketogenic process as driven by BHB ketones can sometimes suppress your urge to eat. This obviously enhances the weight loss process and helps prevent you from slipping out of ketosis by going on an ill-advised carbohydrate binge.
The caffeine and MCT oil powder in Keto Shred are also able to buttress the appetite suppressing qualities of the keto diet.
● Enhanced mental clarity - Keto can melt away decades of accumulated fat stores and restore balance to your blood glucose levels. Typically people also experience an uptick in metabolic activity. This has the effect of delivering more oxygen-rich blood to the brain.
As a result, people often experience the feeling that a fog has been lifted from their brain when they're restricting carbs.
● Lower blood glucose levels - People who have been gorging on carbs their whole life often have blood glucose levels verging on the diabetic.
In fact, if they continued on with their carb-heavy lifestyle, the odds are good they would eventually develop Type II diabetes. The keto diet can restore blood sugar to healthy levels and fend off the risk of developing diabetes later in life.
Keep in mind that these are the benefits of taking Keto Shred with a moderate amount of protein as well as a low carb keto diet. Not the benefits of taking Keto Shred by itself.
“There should be no sensation of hunger in proper weight reduction.”
Dr. Blake F. Donaldson
Is Keto Shred Effective?
Keto Shred can be somewhat effective when used as part of a low carb diet plan. By itself, it isn't going to generate a ketogenic state or burn fat.
But by making it part of your keto lifestyle, you may well see a modest boost in your keto-related benefits. In all honesty, that’s better than about 90% of most keto-related supplements can say. Many are little more than repackaged diet pills while still others are placebos with fancy packaging.
But while Keto Shred may well bump up the results you get from restricting carbs, it’s not the most potent keto supplement on the market.
That distinction goes to Keto Bodytone. With Keto Bodytone, you get a much more potent blast of BHB ketones that will not only enhance your fat-burning efforts but will also enable you to stay keto compliant even if you have the occasional carbohydrate slip.